Artificial Intelligence in Business (4,5 CP)
In this course, students will gain basic knowledge of the foundations of artificial intelligence (AI) and its strategic implications for businesses. At the end of this module, they understand the different types of machine learning as fundamental concepts of AI (e.g., deep learning, neural networks). They are able to develop strategies to leverage AI for value creation in business settings and apply related tools and techniques. Students are aware of the limitations, pitfalls and potential countermeasures when using AI. They are also able to discuss the societal, ethical, and legal implications of using AI in business.
In this course, students will be grouped into heterogeneous teams of 3-6 students by the chair. Within these teams, they will learn to develop their own strategy to solve a real-world business problem leveraing AI. The final outcomes will compete against the other’s teams solutions in a pitch to the stakeholders of the problem.
The course will take place in cooperation with the University of Augsburg and the teams of the two universities will compete. Due to this cooperation, the course will therefore be provided fully digital via Zoom.
- Part 1
- Introduction to the fundamental ideas of AI
- Disruptions that AI brings to different industries
- The different types of machine learning as foundational concepts of AI
- Sources of data for machine learning within and outside of organizations
- Tools and Techniques for applying AI in business contexts
- Possibilities and pitfalls when applying AI in functional areas to solve business problems
- The societal, ethical, and legal implications of applying AI in business
- Part 2
- Examination of a real-world business problem
- Investigation of the possible ways and types of AI to apply for solving the business problem
- Development of a detaild AI solution to the business problem in a team
- Part 3
- Writing of the course paper
- Competitive pitch presentation of the suggested solution and discussion of the results
|Registration required||yes, via KIS|
|Focus area||Management of the digital transformation|
|Contact||Lena Erber M.Sc.|
This course will be held in English.
Course registrations are possible until 24.04.2023, 23:39h via KIS and exam registration until 28.04.23 23:59 via Olat. The course is limited to a maximum of 40participants. Selection will be made on a first-come-first-served basis.